DanceSport BC is a non-profit, volunteer-run association founded in 1968 to promote and encourage amateur social and competitive ballroom dancing (‘DanceSport’) in B.C.
DSBC is a member of Sport BC and the Canadian Amateur DanceSport Association (CADA). CADA is in turn a member of the Canadian Olympic Association and the International DanceSport Federation (IDSF).
DanceSport BC Activities
- The SnowBall Classic IDSF ‘International Open’ DanceSport Competition — B.C.’s premiere annual DanceSport competition held in the first weekend in February, and one of the few events on the worldwide circuit of competitive dancesport events that determines world rankings
- The Robson Square Summertime Ballroom Dance Series — dance under the stars on beautiful summer evenings every Friday night from Canada Day to Labour Day
- Provide costumed dancers for public and private demonstrations of ballroom dancing and DanceSport
- Bring in world-class instructors from around the world to teach dancers and professionals
- Represent the interests of social and competitive amateur dancers locally & nationally